• Column with collector and distributor of suitable MOC
• Equipped with PLC / SCADA based smart instrumentation
• Iser friendly plug and play features
Necessity of Fractional Distillation
Expensive and high-grade products / solvents are not produced in large quantities, as they are typical for pharmaceutical industry & also for fine/special chemical areas.
Small, flexible facilities are necessary for these applications, which can be easily cleaned and quickly adjusted for the next product.
They need corrosion resistant materials that do not interact with the product and do not contaminate it.
In addition, it is frequent that only limited space is available for the assembly of the facility, and therefore compact design is preferred.
• Traditionally, the fine chemical and pharmaceutical industries have favoured batch distillation.
• Hence we have provided multipurpose distillation unit which can perform various types of distillations.
• Flowtech Systems & Engineers has developed a systems perspective to distillation technology, whereby a fully functional distillation unit, including peripheral equipment, is built and assembled in our workshop as a skid, then delivered to the customer as a complete operational system.
• Reactor of respective size with Mechanical seal, suitable agitator, Motor, Gear Box, Bottom valve & Cladded insulation.
• Column with Collector & Distributor of suitable MOC.
• Main & Vent condenser with product cooler.
• Reflux – Forced / Gravity whichever is suitable.
• Column Packings – Pall Rings, Raschig Rings, Saddles, Structured Packings, etc. with any suitable MOC.
• Rotameters, Temp. sensors with scanner, Pressure / Vacuum Gauges.
• Two distillate receivers of suitable size.
• Distillate & reflux lines within skid.
• Vacuum manifold & vacuum lines within skid.
• All valves within skid for process, vacuum & utility lines.
• VFD with Local flameproof panel for speed variation.
• Reactor base lowering system with either hydraulic or manual operation.
• Skid of suitable size to mount all above equipment together to form “Kilo lab distillation unit”.
• SCADA System.
• Many types of Distillation Operations could be carried out in the system like,
• Simple Distillation.
• Vacuum / High Vacuum Distillation.
• Fractional Distillation.
• Azeotropic Distillation
Plug & Play Feature
• All the process piping is complete within the skid & requires external connections only.
• Vacuum pump connection to the distillation system needs to be connected at one place only. Distribution of the vacuum within skid is already provided.
• All the cabling within the skid is provided. The customer needs to connect only power connection to the system.
• Condenser utility supply manifold is provided within the skid.
• All the basic requirements of measurement & safety like vent valves, Pressure gauges, drain valves & static jumpers are provided with the system.
• Reactor vessel support & platform is provided within the system.
cGMP compliant Features
• All the wetted & non wetted parts are of Suitable grade stainless steel.
• All the surfaces are polished to avoid any deposition of the reaction mass on the surface & improve the cleanability of the same.
• All the gaskets used in the system are of PTFE which are very easy to clean. These gaskets are also compatible over wide range of temperature & pressure in almost every solvent.
• All the piping & condensers are designed in such a way that there is no any liquid hold up in the system at the end of the batch.
• After every batch the reactor base could be removed very easily & can be cleaned so as to ensure no contamination from previous batch.
• Mechanical seal area of the top dish could be flushed thoroughly from the bottom side. Lantern stool of the agitator could be lifted easily
without dismantling any nozzle of the reactor for cleaning purpose.
• We can provide CIP system to flush all nozzles of the reactor using suitable solvents.
• We carry out validation of the system in cGMP point of view & submit all the relevant documents along with the system.
• Temperature scanner for the temperatures of column at various places, Utility Inlet & Outlet.
• Temperature Control loop with control valve on utility side & profile temperature controller in flameproof construction.
• Vacuum gauges on reactor, receivers, vacuum manifold.
• VFD with local flameproof panel to operate remotely.
• SCADA system to monitor & record the data
• Distillation Capacity – 10 L to 500 L
• Temperature -90 to + 300 Deg. C.
• Design up to 10 kg/cm2 Pressure to Full vacuum.
• MOC – SS-304, SS-316, Or any other user specific requirement.
• Operating RPM of Agitator 0 -300 RPM.
• Aagitator can be easily changed with atleast 9-10 types of agitators.